Monday, June 15, 2015

E3: Xbox Showcase and Bethesda Notes

WALL OF TEXT: E3 Xbox Showcase Bullet Points (As objectively as I can)


 XBOX FEATURES

  • Xbox One "Game Preview" - Early Access for Xbox... I'm sorry console fans. I never wished this evil upon you. You're going to be SO mad playing Early Access games... I'm calling it right now. Just wait. Winter's coming.
  • Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - This is good. I know a lot of console gamers want to go back to old games. (I personally think going back to old games is a waste of time for me now since I've played so much, but I can realize the value here)
  • Xbox Elite Wireless Controller - This looks amazing. Swappable components and Windows/Xbox compatibility. Sign me up.

NEW GAMES

  • Recore - No gameplay shown from Metroid Prime creators. Cinematic looks nice. Holding off on opinion until gameplay.
  • Halo 5 - Halo/shooter game. More rehashed gameplay that will sell by the boatload. Console shooter fans will gobble it up, I won't bother. It'll be successful.
  • Fallout 4 - FPS-RPG. Again. Will have mods. Mods are going to be a good addition. This game will be good, I'm not too worried. You get Fallout 3 free with Fallout 4... does this matter now? Why haven't you played Fallout 3 yet?
  • Plants vs. Zombies: GW2 - Third-Person Action. This game needs some serious additions to it's content. It's a fun concept/core gameplay, but it gets stale fast. They'll need better matchmaking and more things to do. Also need to have better base customization options.
  • Dark Souls 3 - Hardcore Third-Person Action-RPG. Another game of rehashed content. Not super excited, but I'm sure I'll play it and have a decent time. It's not going to be a groundbreaker.
  • Ashen - Adventure. Looks pretty. Not a game that's piqued my interest, but it might be ok.
  • Cuphead - 2D Sidescroll Action. This actually looks new and fun. Old school Disney art with modern action/platformer gameplay. Looks great.
  • Ion - FPS Survival Game? The new space DayZ Xbox MMO from Dean "Rocket" Hall. Is this another game he'll pump into Early Access, then abandon to work on something else again? Stay tuned.
  • Rare Collection: Another pack of old games to play on a new system. I think this has some great titles in it and it'll sell decently. Again, old games = I won't bother.
  • Rise of The Tomb Raider - Adventure. I hope it'll be as good/better than the first game. Crystal Dynamics did a really good job of rebooting this IP.
  • Sea of Thieves - Third-Person Action-RPG? Rare's new pirate multiplayer game for Xbox One. Not really sure on how the gameplay works, so I'll abstain from saying anything other than "it looks pretty."
  • Minecraft Hololens - Creative. This looks bananas. If they can get the functionality even semi-close to how it looks on stage, this will be nuts. Hologram minecraft on my coffee table? Yes please.
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Third-person Shooter. Boring. They HAD to bring out a couple "dude-bro" titles I guess. "You can play it at 1080p 60 fps now!" Sorry consoles, I have to pull the PCMASTERRACE card here... why wasn't it able to do that before? Not a selling point, in my opinion.
  • Gears of War 4 - Third-person Shooter. The trailer was SO DARK. Couldn't really see much of anything other than ANOTHER game that just rehashes old game design to pump out another title that they know will sell. Bored.
  • Divinity: Original Sin - Turn-based RPG. Shown after the showcase, this game will be AWESOME for console players. This is one of the best games I have played in the past year and is loads of fun with a friend.

Bethesda Notes:

  • Fallout 4 will be a good game. It'll be a game that keeps a lot of game systems that work, and it'll iterate on that successful formula and have a better game.
  • Doom looks boring. I'm so tired of just shooters for the sake of being shooters. 
  • Dishonored 2 will be ok. It's one of the those games that I'll blow through once, and be done with forever. It'll be probably 20 hrs-ish of enjoyment, then I'll never touch it again.
  • Elder Scrolls Card Game: Boring. I hate card games on computer.
  • I'm currently playing Fallout Shelter even though I know it's a builder-esque mobile game... what's wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment