- Need for Speed: Racing. "Heroes of today's car culture." What. Open world is good. Racing and getting chased by cops. IRL cinematics going to in-game graphics that looks real-ish. Graphics look pretty good, frame-rate is not great. I wish the camera would pull back more in racing games, but I feel like they do this because of people with small screens.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Really? TOR Expansion? Blur cinematics look great, but the MMO still isn't good enough. The story is really good in this game... but MMO's are about social tools and end-game content. TOR just isn't good enough in these regards.
- Unravel - "Do more than just entertain." Puzzle-platformer. Looks like a cutesy-artsy kind of game. Might be a one-time playthrough. Physics-based 3D platforming that looks good.
- Plants vs Zombies: GW2 - Nobody's clapping for the zombie dancing to Danger Zone on stage. Womp womp EA. "Plants are on the attack." So you just get to defend as zombies now? Ugh. Not enough so far... Seems to be arcade-y fun. First game wasn't bad... just not better than other options that are available.
- EA Sports - I can't even comment normally on any of these games. Sports games are fun if you're into sports, but it's boring if you're not.
- NBA Live 16 - Face scan tech again. Looks pretty close to this guy, so we'll see how accurate it actually is at launch. Lots of customization for your character. Can really place yourself in the game.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Mobile SW game.... UGH.
- Minions Paradise - A minion mobile game? +2 Ugh. Builder/pay 2 win game. Kids will spend too much of their parents money on this game.
- FIFA 16 - It'll be another soccer game. I feel like these sports games have people that still have a negative stigma about video games... playing video games. Women's teams are in the game now. This guy keeps bragging about Pele being on stage with him... Nobody in America cares.
- Mirror's Edge - No clue, they showed a pretty trailer, then went straight to Madden.
- Madden - Not even worth watching. Fantasy football. D&D for people that hate nerds.
- Star Wars: Battlefront - They catered to people's nostalgia filters with stories of childhood Star Wars memories. Gameplay looks pretty good with lots going on BUT actual gameplay never looks like this in any of the battlefield games. Instead of lots of events being spread out over a battlefield, it's always just one cluster of death that slowly moves back and forth. Maybe some capture points get hit on the side occasionally... but it's never as spread out as the gameplay trailer would have you believe. Is it just me, or does the Hoth battle map look tiny. It looks like someone was told verbally about the Hoth battle but didn't watch the movie.
Monday, June 15, 2015
E3 EA Notes
E3 EA Notes